Social Media Specialist, Marketing
|Salary Range:||Salary range is in the high $40K based on experience|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Assistant Social Media Manager is a member of Legacy's Marketing Department, a 15-member team which directs all marketing initiatives for the organization and its truth® and EX® programs. The Assistant Social Media Manager manages all social media activities for both truth and EX, including daily oversight of the brands' Facebook, Twitter and other social pages; the online community at BecomeAnEX.org; and all truth online communities. The position requires a strong background in social media and online community management, as well as the ability to multi-task and successfully manage separate projects for distinct teams. |
- Manage all daily social media activities, including posting daily on Facebook and Twitter; fostering follower engagement through conversations replies; and monitoring related activity to ensure compliance with relevant community standards.
- Provide daily oversight of online communities, including interacting directly with members to promote brand messages; answering questions and settling member disputes; and ensuring a safe environment.
- Recommend and implement strategies for recruiting new followers and members; fostering loyalty across all social media properties; and optimizing communication strategies.
- Work closely with other Marketing team members to ensure that social media activities are integrated into overall brand tactics, including paid and earned media.
- Monitor key online conversations and events on non-Legacy social media channels to ensure Legacy brands and messaging are well-represented.
- Report to senior staff about social media successes and lessons learned.
- Respond to incoming "contact us" emails from related websites.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC SKILLS REQUIRED:
A strong team orientation with a positive, upbeat, professional and responsible attitude.
Ability to manage projects through their entire life cycle in collaboration with internal and external team members.
Exceptional communication skills, as well as experience writing in a distinct brand voice.
In-depth knowledge of concepts and trends in social media and online communities and the ability to translate this into actionable recommendations.
Working knowledge of and experience with online measurement platforms (including but not limited to Omniture, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, Radian6 and Buzzmetrics).
- Flexibility and the capacity to juggle many responsibilities at once.
The ideal candidate should have a bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of experience in advertising, communications, marketing, new media or public relations. A strong understanding of the social media universe including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc. Excellent communication skills; excellent computer skills; the ability to work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects; the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff and outside partners/vendors. Advertising agency experience is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.